Monday, July 31, 2006

It's that time again!!!

What seemed in my childhood memory to be a three month affair has come to an abrupt end. I have to go back to school tomorrow, after only 2 glorious months of intentional busy-ness. I have packed an enormous amount in the past few weeks, and will have to continue some tasks well into August and September. For the most part the summer break of 2006 has been very rewarding. Time spent in the grip of sorting and purging was fruitful, though it is the part "to be continued" into the first few months of school . . . weekend projects already planned for me. I did take a short vacation with kind friends, Bob and Vicki Anderson, who whisked me away to Savannah and Charleston. What am amazing treat for me! After returning I attended motorcycle school as a personal challenge to fulfill a long time dream of owning and riding a Harley. Congratulations are in order on both counts. Now I am just looking for clearer, cooler days ahead to reap the rewards. As Scott says, 'ridin' weather is comin'.' Summer also included days visiting with members of the medical profession. You know that I had fun there, what with the usual physical, blood work, bone density test, mammo, and a special colonoscopy treat to top it all off! The Lord has blessed me with good news on all counts. God is good. I also enjoyed time with family and friends just kickin' back with good food and laughs. In addition I tried to work in a bit of culture-read a few new books, including an amazing comic book recommended by Aaron called Bone. If you get the chance jump in, you will be amazed. I caught a few movies for grins too, Cars, Pirates, and Devil Wears Prada - all worth the time in the cool. My last venture into Nashville this summer was several hours in awe at the Frist Center for the Visual Arts. Two excellent collections captivated me for 4 hours - The Quest for Immortality (Egyptian artifacts ranging from 1550 through 332 BC) ** though it did erk me to see we now deem it necessary to say BCE - "Before the Common Era" ** The other collection was Pulitzer Prize winning photographs 1940 to present day. Both exhibits had serious "wow factor"! Yep, I'd have to say that the summer of 2006 has been very rewarding. Hope your summer days were as sweet.
It's that time again! School is here! Who knows when I will look up again, I get such tunnel vision.
Love to you all.
God bless our days.
Teresa

1 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger Aunt Jo said...

Well, I haven't read or written here in a while, but here goes.
Teresa, you've almost got another semester gone with the wind. So have I, but the faster it goes, the behinder I get. I have less than 2 weeks and finals start.
Mike and I have made a big step, we are moving to Beebe in January. We made an offer on a house yesterday and, lo and behold, the offer was accepted yesterday. It is a great house, built in 1994! It is ready to move in...the woman kept an immaculate house and picked out wonderful wall paper and paint. It has a great room, which is what I wanted, and a large screened-in porch on the back. It has a work shop for Mike, where he can create some magic illusions. We are real excited. We will be 20 miles closer to Chris and Beau.
Chris is in his first year at Pharmacy School at UAMS and Beau is working on his Masters in Math at UCA and is planning on working on his Doctorate or doing an internship in Atlanta to work towards becoming an actuary.
Mike has re-opened The Magic Trunk in Searcy, where he is selling magic, teaching magic lessons, and doing shows. I have joined his act. I do a segment of his show and we do a few things together and then I assist him or stand out of the way. I got a lot of great reviews from Holiday of Lights Magic Show Nov 17 and I got to sign about 20 auatographs. I am lengthening my show so I can do some birthday parties with or without Mike. I am having a lot of fun. I have always stayed out of the limelight, but the bug bit me this year and I started performng and I love it.
I wish a Happy Thanksgiving and a very Merry Christmas to all of you and send you all my love.
Aunt Jo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home